Rather listen to your own music while working out? We’ve got you. Here’s how to play your own music through Apple Music while still hearing the beeps throughout the workout.
Hit Let’s Go on a workout
- Watch the intro video first (or skip it), then you'll be brought to the main workout video
Now tap the three dots to the right of the fast-forward button (we recommend pausing the workout before going through these steps)
In the window that appears, tap Apple Music
You’ll be asked to grant the CGX app permission to access your Apple Music library
The music icon in the top left corner will change to the Apple Music icon – tap on it
- Now tap on the arrow next to the play controls to open your list of playlists
- Tap on the playlist you want to play and the music will start
Hit play on the workout and tap anywhere else on the screen to hide all of the on-screen controls
How do I change back to the default music?
- Tap on the three dots again
- This time, when the window appears, tap Default Music
Can I listen to Apple Music while casting a workout to my TV?
Yes, but the music will play from your mobile or tablet, not your TV. That’s because you can’t cast two sources to a TV at the same time. If you’re already casting the video to your TV, you can’t also cast the music on top of that.