If you’re using an Android device, you can integrate the CGX app with Google Fit to see your step-count, energy burned, and heart rate information in the Statistics area of the app.
How do I enable the Google Fit integration?
When you first use the CGX app, you’ll be asked for permission to access your Google Fit information. From this screen, you can grant permission to all information, select which information you’re happy for the app to access, or deny access entirely.
If you missed this step, here’s how to enable the integration:
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap into Apps
- Scroll down and tap on the CGX app
- Tap Storage
- Tap Clear Data
Once that’s done:
- Open the CGX app and log back in
- After logging in, you’ll see a prompt asking if you want to connect to Google Fit – choose yes
How do I disable the Google Fit integration?
- Open the Google Fit app on your device
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom right corner
- Now tap the settings icon at the top right corner
- Scroll down and tap Manage connected apps
- Tap on the CGX app in the list of connected apps
- Tap Disconnect
How does CGX use my Google Fit data?
If you allow it, the CGX app will be able to access and update the following information:
- Active energy burned due to physical activity and exercise
- Your heart rate
- Your steps taken
We care about your privacy and understand that health data can be sensitive. You are in complete control of the health information the CGX app has access to and can select which information you are comfortable sharing. For example, you can allow the app access to heart rate information but deny access to information about steps taken.
Fitness related data from Google Fit is used in the app and is not shared outside of the device.